Steve Smith and David Warner ready to return to South Africa two years after ball-tampering scandal
David Warner and australia’s Steve Smith will return to South Africa on Friday two years.
The group who served 12-month bans in the event, are a part of the Australia group that’s supposed to contest three T20s along with three ODIs against the Proteas.
Smith and Warner received a hostile reception from some England fans during the summer’s World Cup and Ashes – a series in which Warner averaged just 9.50 in 10 innings and Smith had been forced to retire with concussion after being hit in the helmet from paceman Jofra Archer.
Team-mate Josh Hazlewood explained that one wills be fazed bit if they get similar treatment from audiences in South Africa.
“Steve and Dave have ticked off pretty much every box considering arriving back,” said the seamer.
“It is just another one of those and I don’t think that it’ll faze them one bit. They likely play. It is nothing we haven’t experienced before… we’ll be OK.
“They’ll probably try to shoot as much heat because they may actually, attempt to maintain the young guys out of the spotlight”
Smith returned to the ranks of Australia for the Test of the Ashes since the urn was kept by Tim Paine’s side, although this week Warner acquired the Allan Border Medal – given to the leading cricketer of Australia in 2019.
Hazlewood stated the players of Australia are determined to acquire over South African lovers.
“Combine in and attempt to have a great time with them. Often when you do this, they end up being in your own side after a couple of overs,” he said. “It is when you fight them that it becomes to and fro, and rather abusive. Ride the storm and go with it”