Wigan 26-12 Hull FC: Bevan French and Jackson Hastings inspire Warriors

  • Posted on
  • Posted in NEWS

Wigan vs Hull
Super League
3:00pm Sunday 23rd February

DW Stadium

Bevan French and Jackson Hastings were the difference-makers as Wigan captured their third win of the Betfred Super League season with a home success against Hull.
Both Australian playmakers were in sensational shape since they both crossed for attempts and claimed assists as Whites and the Black slumped to defeats.
Wigan fought from 8-0 down to lead 10-8 at the break after an half that saw both teams have players sin-binned.
While Josh Griffin maintained a consolation for Hull and the Warriors ran Dom Hastings Manfredi along with Willie Isa.
When Hastings and Liam Farrell combined to send in under the posts for his fourth try of the season the Warriors started the scoring.
Manfredi, that was making his return from a knee injury, almost scored with his first touch after function from French, but he was bundled into touch of the line.
Hull issues were being caused by french and that he chose to break down the right before sending a kick infield to get Zak Hardaker to pursue, but the center was unable to win the race for the ball.
Hardaker prolonged Wigan’s lead to eight points with a penalty after 14 seconds.
Hull eventually found their toes but Mahe Fonua has been prevented by scoring because of some fine three-man tackle involving French, Liam Marshall and Jake Bibby.
Nevertheless, they found a way through when a chunk was intercepted by Griffin near his line from French and he eventually sent Adam Swift racing off to score.
Farrell was penalised for interfering in the play-the-ball and Marc Sneyd levelled using the punishment.
Griffin and Farrell were both shown yellow cards after a melee before Hardaker slotted over the penalty, to depart each group briefly down to 12 guys.
The very first attempt of the half could be crucial and it fell to the Manfredi of Wigan following 45 minutes. Hardaker was unable to convert, although the French delivered to collect and touch down in the corner.
Wigan threw everything in the Hull line and they got their reward as Hastings stretched over from close range to score. Hardaker converted to start a 12-point lead.
The Warriors set the match with 13 minutes remaining when replacement Harry Smith involvement saw him his own kick and place Swift under enough pressure to see him fail to ground the ball and also let Isa the simple job of touching down. Hardaker changed along with the Warriors were in 26-8 out of sight.
Hull had the last say when Griffin broke through a tackle attempt from Hardaker to race 40 metres but it was too little, too late.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *.

You may use these <abbr title="HyperText Markup Language">HTML</abbr> tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

Theme BCF By aThemeArt - Proudly powered by WordPress .